This position is for a Senior Software Engineer on Aladdin’s Platform within the Compliance development team. The team develops software that interacts with core trading applications and is a critical link in the investment process. Compliance ensures the investment decisions are in line with both client IMA and regulatory rules and that we are not exposed to any breach or market violation.
- Lead the design and architecture of our future solutions.
- Embrace the agile process and mentor junior members of the team.
- Interact with other development teams to design and build high quality reusable solutions.
- Work with project managers, technical leads, business owners and analysts in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation.
- Understand and support existing systems, including resolving operational issues while working with teams located across the globe.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree – technical or engineering specialty preferred.
- Knowledge of relational databases, such as Sybase.
- Financial knowledge and interest recommended, but not essential.
- Strong attention to details and thoroughness.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are a must as we are a global team.
- Previous hands on of distributed software systems using NOSQL technologies, such as Cassandra, and RESTful microservices architecture.
- Experience of Angular is highly desirable as there will be a considerable element of building UI solutions.
- 5+ years hands-on experience as a full stack Java engineer.
- Strong programming skills following an agile methodology and test-driven approach.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A