As a global bank, Barclays is at the crosshair of cyber criminals. As an organisation that process financial transactions, stores and transmits sensitive client information, and participates in the global financial marketplace, Barclays is an attractive target to organised criminals, hackers and hacktivists. Barclays can expect to see a continued increase in the number and sophistication of cyber-attacks against it, its partners, and its employees and clients. This is made more of a critical issue given the bank’s strategy of providing more and more of its services and products online and via mobile channels.
As an Incident Manager, you’ll be supporting the Chief Security Office, providing support to the operational teams, identifying and communicating security incidents in the participation of the security response capability.
- Responsible for assisting in the review of events, including notification, escalation response and post incident review including handover/takeover processes at shift change
- Being part of a multifunctional team providing the technical services that deliver a world class Joint Operations Centre function
- Shift work to ensure 24x7x365 coverage.
- Engaging in critical security activities, driving security improvements and have a positive impact on security culture across Barclays
- Providing support to operational teams on the information security threat landscape
- Participating in a security response capability to ensure that Barclays can call on expert capability and respond rapidly to security events, any time any place
- Delivering the execution of triage controls to detect and prevent attackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs
- Executing a clear framework for the identification and communication of security incidents managed within the JOC globally
- Strong experience as an Incident Manager/Service Manager or similar with hands on experience
- In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
- Experience of setting up and maintaining bridge calls with stakeholders
- Experience of working with ITIL would be beneficial
- Good knowledge across disciplines: Threat Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Monitoring, Compliance, Auditing
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A