Website Air Canada
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
- Develop and maintain key relationships to represent Air Canada with various bodies of the Canadian Government and the Government of Ontario
- Monitor and pro-actively work on legislative, regulatory and policy development affecting Air Canada and the airline industry
- Develop and implement action plans to sensitize parliamentarians and Government officials to complex industry issues
- Day-to-day management of the communication between Air Canada and elected officials and members of their staff, government officials in key federal departments and federal agencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders and associations with a focus on those in the transportation and tourism industries
- Day to day management of the relationship between Air Canada and senior political and government officials in the Government of Ontario and municipal authorities in the province.
- Manage the Air Canada government relations community donation strategy in respect of Ontario and projects outside of Ontario relating to our federal interests
- Participation in special projects as required.
- Ongoing contact with Government of Canada officials across the full range of issues of interest to Air Canada.
- Active monitoring of Federal policy development and political climate and proactively respond.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior political and officials in the Government of Ontario and municipal authorities in the province.
- Monitor and pro-actively work on legislative and regulatory activity in the Ontario Government that affects Air Canada
- Prepare Air Canada executives for meetings with senior government officials, elected officials and/or their advisors, or official functions in
- Ottawa, Parliamentary Committees or Government bodies appearances or hearings
- Drafting documents in response to public consultations and preparing briefing notes on various subjects of current interests
- Identify and create opportunities to raise Air Canada’s profile with target audiences in Ottawa and in Ontario
- Facilitate contact between operational branches at Air Canada and appropriate contact points within the Government of Canada
- Liaison with key stakeholders in the aviation sector (NAV Canada, CATSA, etc.) to promote Air Canada’s interest
- Ensure compliance with the relevant legislation concerning lobbying activities for the federal government and the Government of Ontario
- Good judgment and discretion
- Bachelor degree or higher preferred
- Knowledge of the airline industry is an important asset
- Highly motivated
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent decision-making abilities
- Experience in drafting public policy documents
- Oral and written fluency in both French and English
- Strong political acumen and understanding of the government decision-making process
- Strong experience in government relations (10 years), including in a management position, and deep knowledge of government operations
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A