Website Valero Energy
Experienced Process Engineer providing best in class support for refinery optimization and project support as well as guidance to less experienced personnel.
- S upports day-to-day routine optimization and troubleshooting issues across the Refinery as needed.
- Assists in monitoring and enforcing Key Processing “Best Practices” to improve profitability it include: Operating conditions, feedstock processing, hardware change recommendations, monitoring process conditions, unit performance reporting/comparison (benchmarking).
- Assists in the application of improved technologies across the refinery sites working closely with SAHQ SMEs as applications are identified and approved.
- Reports to both Refinery leadership as well as San Antonio Strategic Development and Technology.
- Stays abreast of emerging refining technology and catalysts.
- Provides higher level troubleshooting, small projects and debottlenecking capability.
- Assists the Refinery with investigation and implementation of strategic projects.
- Supports outages to assist with inspection, evaluation and start up.
- Keeps management informed of project progress, forecasts costs, and gives status of active project or business issues.
- Provides technical support to start ups/shut downs and turnaround executions.
- Field experience with startups and operating plant troubleshooting required.
- Bachelors of Science (B.S.) degree or higher degree in Chemical Engineering required.
- 10 years of process engineering experience in a refining or petroleum industry setting required.
- Experience in FCC, Hydrotreating, Hydrocracking or Reforming preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beaumont, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A