Website Valero Energy
The Senior Refinery Optimization Planning Engineer is responsible for developing monthly and strategic 5 year plans utilizing a linear program (LP) in addition to developing and reviewing weekly economics. Aids in project development by providing economic evaluations in support of the project.
- Issues the detailed price/volume variance analysis at the end of each month.
- Utilizes LP model to generate weekly economic margins and publishes the results in the weekly Operating Plan which directs unit operations to maximize refinery profitability.
- Updates monthly activity report for the refinery Planning and Economics group.
- Develops (annually) the refinery’s Strategic Plan.
- Identifies LP variances and works with Refinery Models group to update model.
- Develops oil flow plan for turnarounds and planned outages.
- Performs economic studies using LP model.
- Issues monthly Refinery Operating Plan and communicates the plans with Corporate Planning & Economics (P&E) group as well as refinery operations.
- Provides economic evaluation for capital projects.
- Provides vacation relief for the Optimization manager and the Crude/Feedstock Scheduler.
- Works in collaboration with the Corporate Regional Optimization Engineers to optimize synergistic effects between refineries.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the refinery optimization.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability set up cases and to analyze results in the LP model for economic analysis.
- Basic skill using scheduling applications (i.e., APS).
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes.
- Strong skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel).
- Strong understanding of refinery operations and the impact of feedstock quality on production rates and product quality.
- Skill in providing thorough, efficient, and effective customer service to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Strong skill using Linear Program (i.e., PIMS).
- Basic knowledge of refinery economics and oil market.
- Ability to work with others to accomplish challenging assignments.
- Ability to cross-train in other department duties to ensure efficient coverage in departmental responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications.
- Basic skill using unit monitoring program (i.e., Aspen IP.21).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure completion of tasks within stated time requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A