Responsible for sales results for assigned book of primarily high-touch accounts with medium to large sales and potential. Territory account managers grow sales and profitability by penetrating across all categories of products and by monitoring and increasing Staples presence across all customer sites in a defined territory. Territory Account Managers are also responsible for mapping decision-makers and sites, identifying both core and specialty category purchases, and requesting specialists to better support customers when needed (E.g. when an expert decision maker is involved).
- Negotiating: Individual will oversee pricing negotiations for specific sales opportunities – will need to coordinate the bid and quote process and make discretionary pricing decisions based on their knowledge of the account and assessment of future spend potential.
- Strategic Planning: Individual will be responsible for targeting which customers to pursue and when; they will be given a list of accounts and will prioritize based on their own knowledge and understanding of the business.
- Ability to interface at customer’s most senior levels
- Strong ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Consultative selling, solutions selling, insight selling, negotiation and advanced client management skills
- Ability to set targets, design growth plans and work with product category sales team members
- Strong business, financial, operations and technology acumen
- Ability to analyze customer data, business and industry trends to create tailored solutions for customers based upon Staples value proposition
Qualification & Experience:
- 1-3 years successful sales experience or completion of the Sales Apprentice Program
- High School Diploma/GED required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, Florida, US
Application Deadline: N/A