Website Big Lots Stores
Manages the departmental shift activities within the distribution center in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the interviewing, hiring and supervision of Material Handlers, Ticketers and DC clericals. Provides training, sets performance goals and provides evaluative feedback to all direct reports.
- Plans, organizes and distributes work assignments to associates so that financial goals are met or exceeded. Monitors completion of job assignments.
- Takes proactive role in establishing and carrying out shrinkage control disciplines and programs and accepts high level of responsibility for distribution center’s shrinkage performance.
- Assumes all supervisory responsibilities concerning Human Resources policies and procedures and wage administration including daily and weekly KRONOS payroll processing.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment while maintaining the integrity of our Mission, Vision and Values statement in making all business decisions.
- Prepares and conducts performance appraisals for Material Handlers, Ticketers and DC clericals.
- Initiates, conducts and seeks appropriate approvals involving disciplinary action up to and including terminations of all D&TS associates within assigned area.
- Ensures department-level compliance with key company standards of safety, facility maintenance, postings/notifications and other administrative duties as identified and/or directed by MGR, Operations.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills required.
- Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace including walking, bending and lifting within a Distribution Center environment required.
Qualification & Experience:
- One year previous experience in a supervisory capacity within a Distribution Center strongly preferred.
- Previous Warehouse Management System (WMS) and PC knowledge and ability required.
- Working knowledge of general Distribution Center operations is required.
- Demonstrable leadership ability required.
Company: Big Lots Stores
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, Ohio, US
Application Deadline: N/A