The purpose of the Supervisor, HR Service Center is to supervise daily tasks related to analysis, execution, and support of the HR Service Center. Maintain the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. Provides task direction, monitors performance, handles escalations, and assists with task performance. Support the development and delivery of HR processes training. Supports the manager with organizing tasks and reviewing the work of Representatives and Senior Representatives. As a Supervisor, this position is responsible for development of staff and partners with other Service Center leaders to enhance performance and to improve employee skills. This role may provide input to personnel and employment matters (e.g., performance evaluations, increases, bonuses, discipline, and promotions) but the decisions and ultimate accountability lie with the manager and/or director. This role is also knowledgeable in general HR practices, system policies and procedures, and customer service acumen.
- Handle escalated and/or sensitive requests and issues related to processing. Escalate particularly specialized, difficult, or sensitive matters to the appropriate “Tier 2 Function” or “Center of Excellence” resource and assure that cases are updated and maintained accordingly.
- Coach and mentor staff to support a high-performance team. Assist the manager with setting goals and supporting growth and development of team members.
- Support organizational direction and culture. Effectively manage day-to-day employee performance using established company tools/methodology. Provide input to personnel decisions (e.g., compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion) as requested. Assure that company policies and practices are followed, and set an example for team member
- Provide excellent service to ensure activities provide the intended experience for end users in an efficient and effective manner. Manage tasks of self and team to assure Service Center deadlines are met according to established service levels/targets.
- Follow proper operational procedures and assure the same from the staff. Support the manager as a project coordinator to organize and facilitate ongoing development, evaluation/testing, and maintenance of processes and documentation (e.g., contact center scripts, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions), working with the documentation team for strategic guidance and support. Continually drive documentation to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes.
- Monitor, prioritize, and assign daily responsibilities of HR Service Center staff, assuring the proper alignment of resources and skillsets to inquiry and request demand.
- Assist Representatives/Senior Representatives with day-to-day execution of duties and guide the team regarding proper procedures, policies, and requirements. May review and approve certain staff transactions as defined per policy/procedure.
- Assure that HR transactions, data, and services are timely, accurate, and compliant with company and regulatory requirements.
- Provide back-up to staff and perform transactions when necessary.
- Perform audits and validations of Service Center transactions. Examine and verify any data related to the Service Center for accuracy and consistency.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of operational standards and processes that directly contribute to optimal results, effectiveness, and efficiencies of the HR Service Center Representative and Senior Representative roles.
- Provide feedback to the manager regarding the services of third party providers to assure accurate and effective performance in adherence to established service levels and compliance standards.
- Assist the manager and director with the execution of the compliance programs, internal audits, external audits, and government audits.
- Participate in the development and delivery of training for internal staff, specialist groups, or others as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Monitor and evaluate HR transaction work flow and volume in order to meet production and performance goals.
- Provide subject matter expertise within the HR Service Center for continued training and employee educational purposes.
- Assist in the development, reporting, and review of metrics to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
- Maintain all compliance requirements. Analyze and correct errors and ensure proper quality controls are in place to avoid future errors.
- Ensure all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements are met.
Qualification & Experience:
- H.S. Diploma
- 5+ years of experience with an ERP system preferred (Workday preferred).
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft tools and applications required.
- 5+ years of experience and understanding of enabling technologies (e.g., case management, manager self-service) and how they work within a customer service business environment.
- 5+ years’ experience leading and mentoring other staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Management, Organization Development or related field
- 5+ years of Functional experience required ( e.g., HR call center/service center, HR functional area); preferably for a large multi-state company as a supervisor or analyst.
- 5+ years of Experience working for a multi-national firm desirable.
- 5+ years of experience in a shared service center environment preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience delivering and improving HR transactional processes to maximize efficiency & deliver quality services
- 5+ years of experience working, monitoring, and interacting with third-party vendors.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mooresville, North Carolina, US
Application Deadline: N/A