Website Valero Energy
Supervises the assigned Operations Accounting functions to ensure the operations of the Company are properly accounted for, sales and purchases of petroleum products are properly recorded and reported, and ensures that receipts and disbursements of the Company’s funds are timely and accurate.
- Reconciles product movements and ensures proper and timely recognition of sales, purchases, exchanges and other inventory related items by obtaining a thorough understanding of Valero operations accounting systems, contract systems, and product transport system.
- Prepares and reviews various reports that are provided to internal and external customers to analyze operations.
- Assists with internal and external data requests and other special projects as assigned.
- Oversees the general selection, guidance, training and development of employees while coaching them to a higher level of performance.
- Ensures that all relevant balance sheet and income statement accounts are reviewed and reconciled monthly and that all open items are explained and an accountability process is in place for adequate follow-up on items requiring further action.
Qualification & Experience:
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- MBA is preferred.
- CPA is preferred.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Accounting required.
- 8 years of Accounting experience required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A