At Sephora Canada, we’re passionate about finding and sharing beauty in the world. Our constant innovation, our ability to see and lead trends, and our focus on providing an outstanding customer experience make us the most-loved beauty community and top of mind for every Canadian. We find beauty in our communities, in our differences, our experiences, and in the spirit of our employees.
- Handle vendor negotiations for testers/damages, Return to Vendor (RTV) and samples
- Provide support to our field teams with skincare related issues via our Hotline Online tool.
- Maintain department records and assist with general administration, brand meeting agendas, market prep, reporting & analysis, coop, T & D, sample procurement/management, creation/maintenance of brand activation calendars
- Support the Merchant to source and identify new business opportunities to optimize category growth
- Detailed weekly/monthly sales analysis on current business trends and brand/product performance
- Manage brand assortments, including productivity and timeliness of updates for brand portfolio
- Comp collection/organization from vendors for gratis/social requests
- Review and approve all in-store brand visual elements, manage the planogram for all multi-branded space such as the Scouted Wall, Favourites
- Endcaps, BOTF etc., and provide visual merchandising recommendations to brands in order to drive higher sales and productivity
- Support the Merchant to create robust 360-degree launch strategies for key brands/products to secure exclusive leads and drive skincare sales growth
- Responsible for SKU creation and maintenance, Invoice Review Queue, and the markdown chargeback process.
- Partner with the Planning team to manage inventory and sales forecasting, and with the DotCa and Sephora US.
- Assist the Merchant in the creation and execution of brand/product strategies
Qualification & Experience:
- You are a creative thinker who is willing to take calculated risks with an ability to source and foster new opportunities to grow the business
- You love product (beauty is your jam), understand consumer trends and behaviour, and inspire fearlessness in everything that you do
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in retail management (or a related field) – an MBA would be a huge bonus
- You’ve been a buyer/merchandiser/planner for a major retailer for about 2-3 years.
- You’re curious, a go-getter, take ownership and responsibility for your work
- You love tackling problems and using your analytical skills to find solutions.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and relish in working collaboratively with cross-functional groups.
- You’ve mastered the art of negotiation
- You’re technically savvy and have experience using merchant systems and MS Office suite
- You understand the Canadian marketplace and corresponding vendor organization
- You have some knowledge of the Canadian cosmetic industry and corresponding Health Canada regulations and requirements for product compliance in Canada
- Fluently bilingual in both French and English (written and spoken) is an asset
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A