The Senior Architect, Cloud Security supports the business by ensuring information security is integrated into the essential project and program activities. The Senior Architect, Cloud Security ensures risks are treated in a consistent and effective manner. The Senior Architect, Cloud promotes responsible security behavior.
- Protect data using PaaS and preserve the Internet scale PaaS provides
- Design and create Security Groups strategy
- Inject security into CI/CD pipeline
- Design scalable cloud based solutions for network and apps
- Design cloud security solutions to protect sensitive data
- Design cloud security solutions which passed audits
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the information security strategy
- Evaluate and develop secure solutions based on approved security architectures
- Research, design and advocate new technologies, architectures, and security products
- Develop the business, information and technical artifacts that constitute the enterprise information security architecture and solutions
- Analyze business impact and exposure, based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks
- Communicate security risks and solutions to business partners and IT staff
- Other duties as assigned
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Understands the concepts of and techniques for secure programming
- Strong understanding of PaaS and the challenges of protecting data using PaaS
- Strong understanding of Containers and Container Orchestration technology
- Security vulnerabilities/weaknesses – fundamental causes of vulnerabilities through which most attacks are exploited. Able to recognize and categorize the most common types of vulnerabilities and associated attacks.
- Occasional travel required (10%)
- In possession of valid travel documentation with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well- groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- Network Protocols – familiar with protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, ARP, RARP, TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SNMP, and SMTP. Understand how these protocols work, what they are used for, the differences between them, some of the common weaknesses, etc.
- Network applications and services – expertise in the purpose of the application or service, how it works, common usage, secure configurations, and the common types of threats or attacks against the application or service, as well as mitigation strategies.
- Host/System Security Issues – expertise in security issues at a host level for the various types of operating systems (Windows and UNIX). Experience in using the operating system (user security issues) and some familiarity in managing and maintaining the operating system as an administrator.
- Five (5) years information technology experience
- Two (2) years cloud information security experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Long Island City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A