Website Valero Energy
Oversees domestic and international security policy development.
- Acts as liaison with DoS, FBI, FPMX, SEMAR, SEDENA, CISEN, and state/local law enforcement and response agencies.
- Participates in the Overseas Security Advisory Council at all moderate/high risk locations with which Valero conducts business, to include Juarez, Chihuahua, Nuevo Laredo, Matamoros, San Luis Potosi, Mexico City, and Guadalajara.
- Provides support on CTPAT-Trade compliance, and updates policy, staffing, and technology changes.
- Directs, reviews, and approves international and multi-site service agreements, and ensures product/service terms and conditions are favorable to the Company.
- Maintains global responsibility for tracking new, pending, and evolving security legislation with the potential to impact business operations.
- Interprets requirements and integrates changes via policy.
- Serves as the primary liaison with domestic and foreign law enforcement agencies and advisory councils that support organizational business needs.
- Coordinates with Corporate Legal Department on proposed, new, or evolving legislation affecting regulated facilities.
- Conducts all pre-acquisition and pre-partnership Security Vulnerability Assessments (SVAs).
- Conducts interviews with local SMEs to identify, quantify, and prioritize security risks, and develops counter-measures.
- Drafts and submits Facility Security Plans in accordance with IMO ISPS, both domestic and international, and provides oversight for plans submitted by joint venture/strategic partners.
- Conducts on-site audits of facilities in accordance with established regulations.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (read, write, and speak) required.
- Experience with all components of existing state, federal, and international regulations, standards and guidance documents governing the security of petrochemical and terminal facilities required, including: International Maritime Organization International Ship & Port Security (IMO ISPS), Marine Transportation Security Act (MTSA), Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT), and Customs Trade and Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) required.
- Regulatory experience in both domestic and international petroleum sector (refining, marketing, terimaling, or supply) required.
- Experience in building plans, procedures, and programs that meet or exceed federal, state, and/or international standards for compliance required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with auditing methods and procedures required.
- Experience communicating with established contacts within government, law enforcement and industry trade groups required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Professional Security Studies, Security Management, or in a related field preferred.
- 10 years of experience in security operations obtained through military, federal/state law enforcement, and/or enterprise private-sector security required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A