Website Royal Mail
RMG Cyber Security Operations primary functions are to protect information assets and detect, analyse and respond to security information and events. In support of these objectives RMG Security Operations are looking to augment their existing team through the addition of an Information Security Lead. Your role is to provide credible information security advice and guidance to projects, suppliers and business stakeholders within RMG. You will also be required to support the development of security architectures and patterns, policies, standards and participation in governance and decision-making forums.
- Stakeholder management . Able to engage and influencestakeholders across the business with the ability to explain complex issues in simple language, and to lead the adoption of secure technologies. Provide subject matter expertise and advice to RMG stakeholders on updates to policy, standards, and processes for information security and protection, to align with organisation priorities and risk appetite .
- Supply chain assurance . Able to advise on and manage SaaS and PaaS contracts and to support the incorporation of these seamlessly into RMG’s own capabilities. The role holder will provide key support to others’ procurement activities as part of change programmes or BAU.
- Effective Security Advice . The role holder will ensure that RMG projects and programmes receive timely, accurate and pragmatic security advice that position security as a business enabler not a compliance function. Provide subject matter expertise in governance forums to enable informed decision making on information security aspects of technical implementation projects .
- Commercial awareness. The role holder must use their professional curiosity to understand RMG’s revenue generating business lines and their supporting functions, and lead on the development and implementation of appropriate security in support of their business goals.
- Strategic Focus . Subject-matter expertise to the delivery of projects and workstreams in support of business projects and ensure that risks are reported and assessed in line with the Board’s Risk appetite.
- Ability to innovate. This role requires creative thinking that can lead the development of security solutions which leverage vendor, opensource and RMG developed technology applications and infrastructure. This needs to be done in sympathy with agreed budgets and timelines. Participate in the management of security technologies and processes in support of RMG risk management. Facilitate and contribute to improving the maturity of RMG Security Controls through continuous collaboration with suppliers and other RMG business areas (e.g. Security Operations, Infrastructure and Service Introduction).
- Expert knowledge of Cybersecurity practices.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of technology procurement and vendor technologies.
- Sound understanding of Software development practices and Secure Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrable experience of providing security advice in complex business environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of current and emerging technologies and their security features, together with experience of securing legacy systems approaching end of life.
- Working knowledge of data management, data security and the demands of GDPR and the UK Data Protection Act.
- Agility of thought and comfort with complexity, together with the patience and resilience to overcome change inertia.
- The will to succeed in support of the business’ goals and to align potentially competing agendas to effectively manage Cybersecurity risk within the business risk appetite.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A