Website Rotana Hotels
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Maintenance professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.As a Carpenter you are responsible to construct, erect, install and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood and wallboard using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools, whereby your role will include key responsibilities
- Partition woodworking machinery and the minimal amount of general building
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools
- Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses and buildings, using paint, hand tools and paneling
- Fill cracks and other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel and sanding tool
- Carry out all works as per the country technical regulations and safety standards .
- Carry out maintenance and repair works as required
- Carry out day to day maintenance within the hotel building where problems of a carpentry nature occur
- Fix shelving and cabinet construction
- Fix door locks and security items, as well as various types of windows and glazing
- The ideal candidate will be self motivated with a hands-on and flexible approach and be able to adapt to unpredictable events.
- You are pro-active and reliable and will thrive through working in a busy environment and stay calm under pressure
- You should ideally be a skilled carpenter with high school qualification and a good knowledge of carpentry, building maintenance, workplace safety, safe lifting and handling procedures.
- A good command of English and the ability to find fault and rectify systems are essentials
Company: Rotana Hotels
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A