The Area Supervisor is a member of the Store Leadership who is responsible for a specific, assigned area of the Store as well as the general operations and supervision of the Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty. Area Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the Store, supervising Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. They ensure proper merchandise presentation, and maintain a clean work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also responsible for executing and supervising Company operational processes as needed.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash removal, etc.), Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier
- pick-ups and register area.
- Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention, accident reporting and emergency procedures.
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.
- Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
- Tests all fire alarm systems as scheduled. Responds to after-hours alarms when requested.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Responsible for daily trash removal.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company Dress Code. Ensures all Associates adhere to the
- Company Dress Code at all times.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Keeps all areas of the Store clean, well-maintained, and merchandised to standard.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A