This position provides a visible presence at the Store entrances/exits, mitigating theft and fraud and maintaining a safe and secure environment for Associates and Customers. The Specialist makes eye contact, smiles, and greets all Customers in a prominent, courteous and friendly manner deterring opportunity for theft by demonstrating “command” presence in a Company issued vest/required black attire, and monitoring the Code 50 package inspection policy. Walks sales floor to identify and address potential theft indicators, as directed by Store Leadership. Partners with Store Leadership to ensure compliance with Loss Prevention directives and minimization of operational shortage. Must embrace Company values and have a mentality to protect the Ross treasure.
- Increases Store awareness on effective processes to minimize operational shortage. Trains and educates Associates on shortage reduction initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned to support Loss Prevention initiatives.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Provides visible “command” presence, including prominent greetings with eye contact, at Store entrances/exits and on sales floor in a Company issued vest/required black attire, monitoring for potential safety issues.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company dress code.
- Observes and validates proper checkout procedures for Customers and Associates
- Regular involvement with internal and external partners. May include conference calls, scheduled district meetings, educating Associates, providing recognition, etc.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do and assists Store
- Leadership in maintaining a safe and secure environment for both Associates and Customers.
- Provides great Customer service by prominently greeting Customers, making eye contact, smiling and answering questions in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- One year retail supervisor experience or similar training preferred.
- High School education or equivalent required, AA degree preferred.
- Active Security Guard License preferred
- Proven ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Must be able to comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations for security positions, including but not limited to, additional background screening, physical examination, fingerprinting and/or drug and alcohol testing.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with the Store team.
- One year loss prevention/security training preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A