Website Rite Aid
The primary purpose of this position is to learn all aspects of operating a retail store. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
- Process recalled, damaged, outdated, and transferred merchandise.
- Receive merchandise deliveries from vendors and Rite Aid distribution centers.
- Assist with the general maintenance of the store, both inside and outside.
- Prepare the retail store for physical inventory by ensuring merchandise on the sales floor and in the stock room is in order and easy to access.
- Ensure the appearance of the store is pleasing to the customer and meets the requirements of the corporate office.
- Attend all Management Development Program (MDP) training classes.
- Interact with vendors to order ad, seasonal, and basic merchandise and ice cream (where applicable) for the store.
- Request store maintenance when required.
- Remain knowledgeable of the One-Hour Photo department and film processing, if applicable.
- Assist the Pharmacy department when there is a high volume of customers.
- Ensure the proper procedures are followed for cash transactions and bank deposits.
- Ensure all merchandise is set up according to plan-o-grams received from the corporate office.
- Utilize Staffworks® software to complete the associate work schedule.
- Assist the Store Manager with the operation of the retail store and complete his/her duties in his/her absence.
- Ensure the store opens and closes at the appropriate time.
- Learn about all of the possible situations that can occur in a retail store to prepare for the Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager position.
- Enforce all fire and safety rules and regulations set by the company and governmental agencies.
- Verify vendor invoice information is accurate and enter it into the accounts payable system.
- Enforce all policies and procedures to ensure excellent customer service is provided and to maximize the P&L performance of the store.
- Execute weekly sales ads and price changes.
- Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance feedback, and demonstrating RAPTAR (Recognition, Appreciation, Praise, Treat Associates Respectfully) behaviors.
- Analyze operating reports and make recommendations for improvement.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- In accordance with state law, candidates must satisfy minimum age requirements to sell and/or supervise the sale of alcohol and/or tobacco products.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work weekends and extended days on a frequent basis.
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A