Website Majid Al Futtaim Group
The Category Manager will provide leadership for developing category strategy/plans and executing strategic sourcing and other strategic procurement processes such as demand and compliance management. The Category Manager will need to collaborate with key stakeholders on the development and implementation of annual category strategies and plans to achieve category goals and objectives. The Category Manager will be ultimately accountable for driving improved and sustainable category value.
- Undertake demand planning, strategic sourcing, contracts management and supplier management for marketing, HC & professional services procurement categories that contains but not limited to; media buying, ATL, BTL, creative services, public relations, production, events & experiential, market research, consultancy services, human capital services from recruiting to training, as well as insurance services, legal services, audit services and travel programs.
- Define and set objectives for assigned categories on an annual basis, and identify, with relevant business stakeholders, high value and critical sourcing initiatives for the upcoming year.
- Internal interactions with the Director of Procurement to support development and implementation of MAF Ventures’ procurement strategy
- Interactions with internal business stakeholders regularly on execution of sourcing initiatives
- Communication of progress and outcomes of category strategies and sourcing initiatives to the Director of Procurement and relevant business stakeholders
- Ongoing engagement with key internal customers
- Externally represent the MAF Ventures Procurement Team function, liaising between business stakeholders and suppliers.
- Lead the development and execution of multi-year category strategies and plans to achieve maximum lifecycle value, and report progress to the Director of Procurement and relevant business stakeholders.
- Review and assess PRs for assigned categories, identify most suitable sourcing route, and assign PRs to Category Analysts for execution. Request clarifications from End Users if PRs don’t contain adequate information.
- Manage the execution of strategic and operational sourcing processes, and approve commitments, based on delegated authority, ensuring compliance to MAF Ventures policies and procedures
- Manage the execution of contract amendments and re-negotiations
- Act as intermediary and key stakeholder in managing relationships with strategic suppliers, regularly conducting meeting with critical suppliers and ensuring that relationship with supplier brings in greater value to MAF Ventures.
- The position holder will have a Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, finance, or in a related field, based on the categories managed and a professional Procurement qualification (e.g. MCIPS).
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 8 years’ experience in contracting or category management, with 2-4 years’ experience in a relevant managerial role.
Company: Majid Al Futtaim Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A