Website Southwest Airlines
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- All roles will work on various size engineering projects in a maintenance or operations environment.
- The intern will be utilized as an entry-level engineer and may get hands on experience with aircraft under supervision.
- Assist with special projects and events as requested.
- Engineers also evaluate engineering document policies and procedures to determine if changes are needed.
- The Service Engineering Team works within the Technical Operations Department and provides 24/7/365 support to all SWA Maintenance activities regardless of Engineering discipline.
- Ranging from support of aircraft “at the gate”, to Heavy Maintenance at a Maintenance Repair/Overhaul Organization facility contracted to work on SWA aircraft or components.
- The Powerplant Engineering Teams work within the Technical Operations Department and coordinate engine and APU maintenance requirements with pertinent Departments and Field Service Engineers.
- In addition, they coordinate with powerplant manufacturers, like Boeing, and Service Providers concerning technical, maintenance, and operational problems.
- All while maintaining the highest levels of Customer Service, Safety, and Compliance.
- The AEMP Engineering team provides engineering support for all of SWA Heavy Maintenance.
- We work on-site with Dallas Heavy Maintenance, as well as provide remote support for our outsource maintenance providers throughout the U.S. We resolve technical issues impacting structures, interiors, and systems in a fast paced work environment.
- Work experience in an Aviation/Aerospace environment a plus.
- Understanding on how to write technical documents/reports.
- The internship may also require a basic knowledge and understanding of current Engineering drawings and software to create them a plus.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of maintaining the aircraft structure, avionics, aircraft performance, systems, avionics, interiors, and powerplant is preferred.
- Previous Work or Internship experience in an engineering related role is a plus.
- Participation in Aviation/Aerospace organizations and clubs a plus.
- Completion of 9 hours of Engineering related coursework is preferred.
- Leadership in organizations and clubs a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A