Website Valero Energy
Ensures that high quality and timely maintenance and construction work occurs during turnarounds, capital construction projects, and routine maintenance.
- Provides technical support to production teams.
- Coordinates with Maintenance and Operations to ensure equipment is opened in a logical and efficient manner, and the inspection/repair report is available quickly for planning purposes.
- Monitors and directs the daily activities of outside inspection contractors during turnarounds and special activities.
- Inspects and monitors all repair and construction work to ensure it is being done per the plans and adheres to all specifications and codes required.
- Inspects (or causes to be inspected) all equipment and piping, which is critical and/or subject to periodic deterioration, and makes cost-effective recommendations for repairs, materials selection, and other remedial action in support of long-term reliability.
- Develops piping and fixed equipment inspection plans, in accordance with API 510, API570 and API 653, using risk-based methodology.
- Selects cost-effective inspection techniques to provide reliable assessment of refinery equipment remaining life.
- Interprets and evaluates inspection and NDE data.
- Maintains complete and accurate records during inspections so they can be transferred to the permanent files.
- Participates in the planning of and approves the execution of temporary repairs.
- Certified National Board of Boilers & Pressure Vessels Inspector (NBIC)preferred.
- Basic skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel) required.
- Extensive working knowledge of all ASME, ANSI, API & NBIC Codes required.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years of experience in the inspection of fixed equipment and piping systems required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Arthur, Texas, USA
Application Deadline: N/A