The Supervisor manages coordinates and oversees all the IPD Facilities functions at JFK Airport (Terminal 5, Building 81, Hanger 81, and Building 74). The Supervisor oversees the work performed by our business partners, who may be on sight contractually or utilized on an ad hoc basis. Additionally, the Supervisor is responsible for facilitating communications and information to and from JetBlue’s internal customers or to business partners for resolution. The role includes tracking day to day budget spend, ordering of parts, monitoring of building systems, and utility usage. Additionally, the supervisor may need to assist in managing projects at the airport.
- Assist in the preparation and managing of budgets, track expenses and creation of spreadsheets.
- Responsible for maintaining contracts, COI’s, performance bonds and safety documents for all contractors and projects.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of RFP document, gathering quotations for contract development and business case preparation.
- Assist in asset management and general aesthetics, and branding.
- Organize facility projects with our business partners and/or contractors.
- Consult with stakeholders, user groups, and Crewmembers to describe and define project scope, project specifications, resource requirements, schedule, and provide suggested actions to complex problems in order to meet project and/or plan objectives.
- Oversee the performance of our business partners as it relates to the maintenance of our facilities.
- Provide practical and economical solutions to new business needs and recommend refinement and/or modification of workflows.
- Ensure that the business partners effectively maintain mechanical equipment rooms to ensure clean and safe conditions at all facilities.
- Meet with airport authorities and attend facilities meetings representing JetBlue as assigned.
- Monitor, and assess the performance of business partners as it relates: janitorial, trash, security monitoring (infrastructure), and horticulture maintenance.
- Monitor and ensure the integrity and functionality of critical systems such as: fire suppression, sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, HVAC systems, escalators, elevators.
- Monitor, and assess the performance of business partners as it relates to our preventive maintenance inspections/repairs.
- Oversee the day to day activities at Terminal 5, Hangar/Building 81 and Building 74.
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
- Identify safety and/or security concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Three (3) years of experience working in a facilities environment
- Proactive and detail oriented, problem solving focused, and multitask.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office suite
- Able to operate and understand the functionality of HVAC systems, lighting controls, electrical basics, plumbing basics, and be able to comprehend and manage (after training) the facility building management computer system
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A