Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation’s defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation’s defense and national security.As an HS&E Engineer II, your degree and work as an Industrial Hygienist will be an asset as you participate in the development and implementation of emergency preparedness, safety, industrial hygiene, risk assessment and related programs. You will partner with plant supervision, union representation and other employees to resolve safety and health concerns, advise and support plant supervision in the effective implementation of safety and health requirements.
- Develops safety and health training programs for employees.
- Specifies, procures, operates, and helps maintain/calibrate personnel
- Works effectively and independently to develop industrial hygiene programs affecting the KCNSC.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
- Reviews plant facilities, equipment, materials, and work practices to identify unsafe conditions and assure implementation of appropriate hazard controls.
- Reviews proposed layouts, facility design drawings and equipment specifications for industrial hygiene hazards and documents findings for exposure mitigation.
- monitoring equipment.
- Prepares applicable reports required by the Department of Energy regulatory agencies. Supports Beneficial Occupancy Inspections, Hazard Assessments, Risk Assessment, and other investigations.
- Investigates accidents to resolve causes and recommend action to prevent recurrence. Based upon knowledge of regulations, recommends new or revised program activities to assure full compliance by Honeywell FM&T with current requirements of laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with industrial processes, associated industrial hygiene issues and related exposure mitigation / monitoring.
- Ability to assess, plan and oversee industrial hygiene sample.
- Ability to gather and document information and data clearly and concisely, analyze and interpret data to identify trends and correlations, and recommend protective action and improvements.
- Strong analytical skills and computer proficiency.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, to guide the work of others.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing), able to work well in an inclusive, diverse organization.
- Experience reviewing and interpreting applicable regulations and implementing industrial hygiene standards and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- US Citizenship needed to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy “Q” level security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, or other closely related technical field.
- Two (2) or more years’ work experience in an Industrial Hygienist role.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, Missouri Area, US
Application Deadline: N/A