Start your H-E-B Career here! We need energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while making our Customers feel welcome. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Customer Service Assistant, you’ll package groceries and help customers transport their purchases from the Store to their vehicles.
Once you’re eligible, you’ll become an Owner in the company, so we’re looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. ‘Partner-owned’ means our most important resources–People–drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
- Assists in unloading merchandise from baskets
- Packages groceries; assists customers in transporting / unloading groceries to their vehicles
- Assists customers in locating merchandise
- Gathers baskets and picks up trash inside and outside Store
- Maintains and stocks bag areas
- Returns products to proper locations
- Stocks and stages bags; stocks check stand supplies
- Distributes Buddy bucks to registers, replaces anti-fatigue mats
- Does Carts & Parts basket relocation and power-washing basket relocation for department setup
- Performs red basket fill up / retrieval
- Cleans, mops, dusts, sweeps, vacuums check stand area, Return Center, and CCO area to maintain Store cleanliness and safety
- Ability to work with customers and stay attentive to their needs
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 55 lbs, and manage more than 55 lbs (up to 100 lbs)**
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity and efficiency standards
- Constantly* reach at waist, grasp
- Function in a fast-paced, retail environment, in detailed and precise tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Frequently stand, walk
- Occasionally reach overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, stair climb, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch, perform fine motor movements
- Work with Customers, staying attentive to their needs
- Occasionally be exposed to cold, hot, loud noises, ambient temperatures, and wet conditions
- It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never lift beyond his or her own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.
- While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as–Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 – 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 – 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abilene, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A