Website Frontier Airlines
The primary role of a Station Support Technician is to resolve reported hardware and software issues with desktop computers, thin clients, and a variety of peripherals unique to the airline industry. The technician, based on knowledge and skills, will assume ownership of service requests that include computer and operating system problems, install PC software, installation of desktop hardware and assist with any general operator problems. The Station Support Technician is expected to support a Windows workstation environment, follow station support processes, manage unassigned tickets, perform tier 1 troubleshooting of system and/or network issues or with any other end user technology being used at the company.
The Station Support Technician provides limited incident investigation and triage with the goal of either resolving the issue or providing a workaround with escalation to Tier 2 resources as necessary to maintain SLA’s.
- Participate in technical projects as a task owner.
- Manage small projects requiring a single resource.
- Provide local and remote telephone support to answer technical questions from end users.
- Use a ticketing system to log and manage work effort.
- Assess, prioritize and escalate reported issues quickly and provide status to the business and IT leadership
- Develop and perform preventative maintenance programs to increase the availability of IT equipment.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and problem isolation on desktop computers, thin clients, message printers, ticketing printers, point of sale kiosks, and other peripheral devices unique to the airline industry.
- Experience with an incident management tracking system
- Ability to facilitate a climate of cohesiveness, cooperation and teamwork
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to adapt to new, different, or changing situations
- Ability to schedule activities and set priorities to so deadlines are met, goals accomplished
- Basic knowledge or interest of the airline industry a plus
- IT professional
- Passion for learning new technologies and process
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in math, information systems, business administration or a related major; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 1 year experience supporting MX Windows & XP, network printers and PC hardware & software preferred
- Working knowledge of LAN, WAN and other IT foundation technologies
- Airline industry experience a plus
Company: Frontier Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A