Do you love “saving the day” for others? Is tinkering with engines or other types of machines how you spend your free time? Are you the person your friends and family turn to when something is broken? Do you thrive in a demanding environment? Does the thought of having fun at work make you want to know more? If you have a mechanical background and answered “yes” to these questions, you could play a vital role as one of our clinical and hospital guardians. In other words, you could be a teammate who keeps our life-giving dialysis treatments “up and running” every day in our clinics and hospital service settings!
This will cover our Newport News area
This position requires “on-call” hour requirement when needed
- A high school diploma – Did you graduate from high school? Great! Did you graduate from a trade school/college biomed or electronics technology program? Even better! That type of education would support you well in this position.
- A skilled electro-mechanical equipment technician – The best candidates will have performed this type of work at some point in the past, or have a demonstrated aptitude for it.
- A valid driver’s license – Our Biomed Techs typically need to drive their own automobiles to get from one clinic to another. You’ll need a valid driver’s license within the state you are applying for work, as well as valid automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record.
- Solid computer skills – Our teammates regularly use MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook), the internet, and DaVita-specific applications to perform their work. We’ll train you on the DaVita tools, but you’ll need to come into the job with solid internet navigation and MS Office skills.
- Great communications skills – DaVita teammates (this is what we call our employees) communicate openly, honestly and frequently with each other. You’ll need to be a master at this.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A