Website Valero Energy
Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.As a Data Security Specialist your function as a member of the Data Security team is to help implement and maintain appropriate data security for wide variety of applications. The primary focus of this position is to implement, monitor, and maintain data security for SAP systems and applications.Plans, coordinates, tests, researches, and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure by performing the following duties.
- Process security requests from end users and guide them to create appropriate security role requests in various systems
- Tests and supports changes and enhancements in Active Directory, SAP systems and other applications.
- Maintain appropriate security for all types of accounts in SAP ECC, S/4 HANA, BW, BOBJ, HANA DB and HR Systems.
- Collaborates on critical I/S projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Generate required security reports for measuring KPI and also for security analysis
- Conduct provisioning and de-provisioning in various systems and applications utilizing Identity management tool.
- Create and modify SAP security roles for different SAP landscapes without causing Segregation of Duties (SoD) conflicts.
- Test and transport security changes to production systems.
- Help develop, communicate, and implement data and computer security policies and procedures
- Continuously monitors the status and effectiveness of security controls.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, systematic thinking, and a good understanding of technologies deployed in the infrastructure environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of a wide range of security technologies, such as network security, identity and access management systems is preferred.
- Possesses a broad understanding of Computer Network Infrastructure process and associated operations is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required to interact with internal and external contacts, as well as all levels of management is preferred.
- SAP Security and ITIL Certification is preferred.
- SAP S/4 HANA security experience is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of roles and authorizations setup in SAP required.
- Implementation or major roll out project experience required.
- Knowledge of GRC (Governance Risk and Compliance) products for SAP is preferred.
- Understanding of business processes, controls frameworks, compliances and regulations, and segregation of duty concepts in an SAP ERP environment is preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field is required.
- At least 5 years of direct technical experience in implementing and maintaining SAP Security for different systems such as SAR R/3, SAP HR, SAP BW, BOBJ, HANA DB etc.
- Experience in setting up SAP roles and authorizations for a large customer required.
- BOBJ Security with custom access levels required.
- Security implementation using repository roles for Hana DB as a BW database and Data Marts required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A