Website Valero Energy
Provides recommendations for improving refinery operations based on technical information, and raw process data. Functions as a process troubleshooter and provides refineries with forward thinking and technological advancements that will provide a competitive edge. Performs process analysis, process improvement, scoping studies, front-end process design work, and/or collaborates on process designs with contractors and consultants.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Works with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Applies concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Troubleshoots and maintains DCS (TDC 3000 & Experion).
- Develops and implements process control schemes and control techniques.
- Tunes existing process controllers.
- Process engineering experience preferred.
- 2 plus years of experience in the following area(s): process control and/or control systems engineering experience, including 1 year of DCS control experience required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Control Systems, Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Three Rivers, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A