Website J. C. Penney
The Business Analyst 1 will report to Senior Manager – Omnichannel Foundation Marketing, and will be part of the team that is responsible for building and configuring software solutions supporting strategic CRM and Customer Data platforms
- Analyst role in one or many small to medium sized projects for use case creation, scope management, stakeholder analysis, requirement gathering, process improvement, service management and/or test case creation.
- Leading medium projects/efforts with moderate scope and complexity and involves collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Partnering with other IT and business teams to deliver end to end technology solutions for JC Penney. The team provides IT solutions to multiple business clients, primarily from CRM and Customer Data Integration(CDI) teams.
- Understand and own the business requirements and functionality of the CRM and CDI applications along with understanding the general functionality of the integrating applications
- Serve as a liaison between the business customer, IT, vendors, integration, and testing teams to ensure deliverables are technically sound and meet customers’ expectations. Conduct reviews of teams’ deliverables for understanding, completeness, and accuracy. Work closely with Project management and Leader to ensure priorities are aligned.
- Maintain awareness of business and technology changes that could impact the requirements and their final delivery in an application. Apply a broad knowledge of various business processes/functions, and technical expertise to accurately anticipate potential impacts. Participate in impact analysis sessions to determine impacts when application changes are made. Provide domain and subject matter expertise on data and metrics.
- Understanding core business/domain/process capabilities, functions, services and applications for the assigned portfolio/domain.
- Ensuring technical solutions match functional and non-functional requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Serving as a liaison between the various stakeholders and the IT teams for which requirements flow. Effectively work with vendor(s) when necessary to integrate vendor and JCPenney requirements.
- Gather, analyze, evaluate, and challenge information obtained from multiple sources. Reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a more general understanding for both IT and business audience.
- Facilitation of business requirements gathering and definition in various formats including joint collaboration sessions with business and IT, targeted Q&A sessions with multiple Subject Mater Experts, and one-on-one user interviews.
- Own multiple project related work efforts (business requirements, functional requirements, best practice, process definition etc.) along with other Marketing, CRM and Loyalty departmental tasks. Must be able to switch from one project to another seamlessl
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to connect with business SMEs, end users, IT partners, and 3rd party software vendors. Able to effectively convey critical information to various levels within the organization.
- Effectiveness in sharing knowledge across the organization, driving best practices, and coaching junior team members.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of IT Business Analysis experience (large multi-channel retail company for direct experience in CRM and Customer domain preferred).
- At least 2 years of sql experience
- Experience to translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications in addition to managing changes to the specifications.
- Self-motivated, creative and strong sense of accountability
- Minimum of bachelor degree (preferably in MIS, Computer Science, or Business Administration)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Extensive experience in Visio and Excel
- Experience with database modelling is a plus
- Experience in CRM, IBM MDM and Customer data projects is a plus
- Experience owning BA responsibilities (as described above) for the full software development lifecycle (waterfall and iterative) for large multi-year projects and/or multiple overlapping shorter-term projects. Ability to manage multiple concurrent BA tasks along with other departmental tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience with vendor software implementation and integration projects.
Company: J. C. Penney
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plano, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A