POSITION OBJECTIVE Edit high-resolution images to maintain Kohl’s and National brand standards for artistic and technical integrity. Analyze image quality and review markup provided by art director. Determine needed enhancements and perform color correction, cosmetic retouching and image compositing. Assure color accuracy of final image to actual merchandise.
- Participate in collaborative feedback and communication.
- Follow brand standards in overall retouching approach and final image quality.
- Adjust color of products, models, or backgrounds based on brand standards, art direction and technical specifications.
- Generate composite images as required from multiple shots.
- Communicate with art directors and other creative staff to relay critical information to business partners.
- Participate in process improvement efforts and various pre and post-production meetings to foster innovation and teamwork.
- Evaluate images for proper contrast, balance, and flesh tones. Inspect for image artifacts.
- Balance workload and complete daily tasks by work within the team environment. Monitor team progress and communicate status with leader/manager.
- Verify color accuracy of image to merchandise using physical samples or reference files.
- Perform advanced masking techniques for color correction or image silhouettes/block-outs.
- Exercise financial stewardship by working with producers, coordinators and photographers on approaches to minimize expense.
- Perform cosmetic retouching to remove imperfections, wrinkles, reflections, and artifacts. Shape and contour for size and fit.
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested by manager
- Able to work within low ambient lighting conditions
- Advanced organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must have good color vision (candidate needs to disclose any known deficiency in color vision) and successfully pass a color vision test
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, including advanced masking techniques and retouching
- Proficiency in current Mac OS
- Experienced in principles of color management
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years retouching in a fashion retail or beauty environment
- Bias for action, teamwork, and communication
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and the relationship between images and pages
- Proficiency with pen/stylus and tablet technology
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A